The College Library was established in the year 1970 and named after Chairman of the Society Padmashree Fatma Zakaria Research Centre and Library (PFZRCL) on 3rd March 2016 after the digitization of services dedicated to the user of the library.
The library is spacious and well- equipped with books, periodicals, newspapers and other reading material. It is enriched periodically with the addition of the latest publications in the field of education. The library is having the rich collection of 17202.
We have a well-equipped digitized library automated services to our readers. For automated purpose library uses Cloud e-Library Software. The Library also subscribed E-journals and E-Books through N-List INFLIBNET. PFZRCL extends its service not only to our students but to the educational fraternity such as alumni, retired teachers, in-service teachers, Principals, Researcher Scholars and faculty from other institutions. For the security of library books and material the whole library is under CCTV surveillance.
e-Library (Library Management System):
This software is designed from small to large libraries.
- Keep the record of different categories like Books, Journals, Newspapers, Magazines etc.
- Books are recorded in the detailed classification like name, author, publisher, cost, date of purchase etc.
- An automated way of check in check out.
- Facility to export data to other software’s like MS Excel, PDF, Outlook etc.
- Provision for swipe cards, RFIDs, Barcode Scanner
- Automated SMS and E-mail facility
Highlights of the Library:
Library is fully automated by using e-Library Software. The issue and return of books to students and staff are fully automated by using RFID technology based three-in-one multi-biometric i.e. Facial, Thumb and RFID Card usage machines. The e-Library software is having following automated computer based library for its readers.
Automated services for Readers
- Library Existing Books record (Multilingual)
- Biometric to issue and return of books
- Students book issue and return
- Staff book issue and return
- Computerised catalogue (OPAC & web OPAC)
- Dedicated PC for OPAC search
Facilities provided by Library to Readers
- Open Locker facility at the entrance
- Open Shelf Library
- CCTV Surveillance monitoring
- 24×7 Reading Hall facility/ services to B.Ed. and M.Ed. students
- Open 18 hours reading room facility to the student during the exam period.
- Lending of books
- Reading Room Facility
- Information display and notifications
- Library Catalogue i.e. Author, Title and subjectwise
- Research Cubicles with PC and Internet connection
- Photocopying facility Colour and B &W
- Computer and Printer
- Solar Energy Power backups
- User Orientation / Information Literacy